How it works
The Fairtrade certification process is thorough and we’re proud to be able to guide and support our customers through it. Take a look at our three steps below to find out exactly what it’ll take to become a Fairtrade certified organisation.
Watch our auditors at work
We perform audits to check if the organisations participating in Fairtrade follow the Standards.
Here is how a typical producer and trader audit look like:
Find out more
If you'd like to learn more about how the certification process works, please see our Standard Operating Procedures on Certification.
Standard Operating Procedures on Certification
- Application for Fairtrade Certification - Standard Operating Procedure
- Certification - Standard Operating Procedure
- Certification under special conditions - Standard Operating Procedure
- Fairtrade Climate Standard - Standard Operating Procedure
- FSI Cotton Verification - Standard Operating Procedure
- Remote Audit - Standard Operating Procedure
YOUR JOURNEY AS A FAIR TRADER STARTS HEREGet Started
WHAT ARE THE COSTS OF FAIRTRADE CERTIFICATION?Cost Calculator