Jump to Menu View full site
Start trading fairly today!
Find out whether we can process your Fairtrade application by filling in our simple form below. The official application questionnaire will follow shortly via email. Thank you!
- Click here to read 10 important Fairtrade application facts:
- Please check if we offer Fairtrade certification for the product you would like to certify: Fairtrade product list
- Once you have applied, you will receive an application ID. Please use it for all communications and payment identification.
- The application process takes an average of two weeks, and is only completed once you have submitted all required documents and we have received your application fee payment. If you need an invoice for the application fee, please let us know.
- Find out what Fairtrade certification costs for your organisation with our Cost Calculator.
- Upon successful completion of your application process we schedule an initial audit or grant a temporary "Permission to Trade" if you are a trader.
- Refer to our Compliance Criteria page to find out what will be checked during an audit. In addition to the generic Fairtrade Standards, specific additional standards by product might apply.
- After receiving the initial audit the certification process timelines are explained in the Certification SOP you’ll find below.
- You can only trade your product as "Fairtrade" if you have a valid "Permission to Trade" or hold a valid "Fairtrade Certificate". However, you can sell products as Fairtrade if they are still in your ownership and harvested 12 months prior to receiving a valid "Permission to Trade" or "Fairtrade Certificate".
- If you would like to use the Fairtrade Mark on your product, please contact the Fairtrade National Organisation active in your country or Fairtrade International at email@example.com.
- In Fairtrade, the entire trade chain (producers, importers, exporters and brand owners) must be Fairtrade certified. Individual small producers are not eligible for Fairtrade certification; they must be members of a Small Producer Organization (SPO). As a certified SPO, you are allowed to export your production directly to an importer, but if an SPO wants to export for other certified organisations 15% of the total invoice will be included in the Certification Fee.
Start trading fair today!
Having trouble filling in the form? Get in touch with your regional team at FLOCERT:
Asia, Pacific Islands, Australia, and New Zealand: firstname.lastname@example.org
Africa and Middle East: email@example.com
South and Central America, and Caribbean: firstname.lastname@example.org
North America: email@example.com
Find out more
If you'd like to learn more about our Fairtrade certification standard operating procedures, please check our “Fairtrade Assurance Scheme – Rules and Guidelines” manual.
Check here if you´d like to learn more about our remote audits: Remote Audit – Standard Operating Procedure
We're here to support you. Don't hesitate to contact us!
WHAT ARE THE COSTS OF YOUR CERTIFICATION?Cost Calculator
SEARCH FOR FAIRTRADE CERTIFIED COMPANIES OR PRODUCTSCustomer Search
Wondering what Fairtrace is about? Find out here!